Rock fans traditionally hold up lighters at concerts during ballads so that heartbroken moths know where they can go and, for once, not be judged. Get drawn in with this GrouponLive deal.
- $18 for one ticket to see Blue October – The Sway Tour (up to a $38 value)
- When: Wednesday, September 4, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: House of Blues New Orleans
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Blue October – The Sway Tour
- The reason for the tour, other than inspiring audiences to put their hands in the air: the release of Blue October's seventh album, Sway
- Blue October hits that balance pathos and rock: "Into The Ocean," "Hate Me," "Calling You"
- How Blue October frontman Justin Furstenfeld described his technique to Guitar World: "I don't do a lot of solos, but I'm the feedback master. It's like surfing. I put these two old 1970s Ampeg bass amp combos next to each other and stand in front of them and play."
- The inspiration for Sway's more upbeat tone: Furstenfeld getting sober and finding new happiness in family life
- Where supporting act Courrier got its start: the University of Texas Austin
- The alt-rock quartet recently released: its second album, Cathedrals of Color
- At 21, singer-songwriter Tori Vasquez is old enough to: vote; drink; perform songs with cores of soulful storytelling
- She is not old enough to: rent a car; plausibly lie about remembering the '80s
- What the concert benefits: International House of Blues Foundation, an organization supporting arts and music programs for underserved youth