Live music is a huge improvement on canned music, which takes up valuable pantry space and often spoils into noxious free jazz. Keep it fresh with this Groupon.
- $19 for two tickets to a concert at The Jacklin Arts and Cultural Center (up to $33.80 value)
- Time: 7:30 p.m.; doors open at 6:30 p.m.
- Seating: general admission
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- Friday, February 7: Blue Streak
- Tuesday, March 25: Keola Beamer with Moanalani Beamer
- Friday, April 25: Serkan Cagri Ensemble<p>
Upcoming Concerts at The Jacklin Arts and Cultural Center
- For a five-piece bluegrass band whose members used to play with Custer’s Grass Band, see Blue Streak
- For a singer-songwriter and innovative slack-key guitar player who’s a legend in his native Hawaii—and a hula dancer who plays traditional Hawaiian music—see Keola Beamer with Moanalani Beamer
- For music from Balkan, Mediterranean, and Western traditions transposed into Turkish styles and led by a virtuosic young clarinetist, see the Serkan Cagri Ensemble<p>
The Jacklin Arts and Cultural Center
In 1921, the citizens of Post Falls, Idaho marveled as horses pulled two church buildings to the corner of Fourth Avenue and William Street, combining them and kindling the spirit of collaboration that fuels the structure’s current resident, The Jacklin Arts and Cultural Center. Here, gothic-revival and vernacular architecture converge, brimming with more than a century of stories and earning a spot in the National Register of Historic Places. Throughout the building’s past and into its present, it has persisted as a haven where the community gathers to socialize, learn, and question suspected witches. These days, the facility hosts activities that strengthen the mind and body, such as fitness classes and cooking courses. An upstairs gallery showcases the work of local artists from North Idaho and Eastern Washington as well as works by national artists, and the main-level celebration hall’s raised stage and space for up to 200 seats acts as a venue for concerts, weddings, and crowd-surfing practice.
Jacklin Art and Cultural Center
405 N William St
Post Falls, ID 83854