Reaching toward a rock star is a popular way to let them know that you appreciate their musical work and aren't afraid of their baby-like hands. Get close to the action with this GrouponLive deal.
- One G-Pass to see Bone Bash XV: Boston, The Doobie Brothers, and John Kay & Steppenwolf
- When: Saturday, August 2, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Shoreline Amphitheatre
- Door time: 5:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $20 for general admission to the lawn (up to $30 value)
- $25 for rows G–V of section 200 or 204 (up to $40 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
How G-Pass Works:</b> Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app.
Bone Bash XV: Boston, The Doobie Brothers, and John Kay & Steppenwolf
- Boston’s center: multi-instrumentalist Tom Scholz
- What Tom was doing while working for Polaroid in the ’70s: recording Boston’s demos in a basement studio he built himself
- How that worked out: he quit Polaroid when he started hearing “More Than a Feeling” on the radio
- Record-setting record: Boston’s self-titled debut became the best-selling pop debut in history until it was supplanted in 1986 by Whitney Houston
- Boston’s sound: arena rock populated with monster riffs, youthful lyrics, and harmonies as tight as a unitard on an elephant
- More than 40 million: the number of records sold by The Doobie Brothers
- Their sound: pristine vocal harmonies and guitar-driven melodies
- Essential hits: “Takin’ It to the Streets,” “Long Train Running,” “Listen to the Music”
- The sound of John Kay & Steppenwolf: motorcycle-revving guitar riffs, deep, raspy vocals full of soul
- Essential hits: “Born to Be Wild,” “The Pusher,” and “Magic Carpet Ride”
- The name “Steppenwolf” came from: the novel by Hermann Hesse
81% of 27 customers recommend
“Great venue and great price”
“Awesome time at an awesome venue ”
“It was flipn awesome!!!!!!!!”