Concerts are meticulously coordinated events, with dedicated roadies ensuring that each instrument is tuned and that each baby knows when it's time to crawl onstage. See a seamless show with this GrouponLive deal.
- $20 for one G-Pass to see Boston with Cheap Trick (up to $35.70 value)
- When: Tuesday, June 24, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: DTE Energy Music Theatre
- Section: general-admission lawn
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won't need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app.
- Boston's city of origin: Boston
- Boston's center: multi-instrumentalist Tom Scholz
- What Tom was doing while graduating from MIT in 1970: honing his skills as a songwriter
- What he was doing while working for Polaroid post-graduation: recording Boston's demos in a basement studio he built himself
- How that worked out: he quit Polaroid when he started hearing "More Than a Feeling" on the radio
- Record-setting record: Boston's self-titled debut became the best-selling pop debut in history until it was supplanted in 1986 by Whitney Houston
- Since then: they've sold more than 31 million albums
- Boston's sound: arena rock populated with monster riffs, youthful lyrics, and harmonies as tight as a unitard on an elephant
- Essential tracks: "Peace of Mind," "Amanda," "Smokin," and the immortal "More Than A Feeling"