Getting front-row seats to a concert often requires fans to overpay scalpers or name their firstborn child 93.1 FM. See a show on your terms with this GrouponLive deal.
- $19 for one ticket to see Brian Wilson with Al Jardine from The Beach Boys (up to $31.50 value)
- When: Saturday, August 30 at 8 p.m.
- Where: Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
- Seating: general admission to sections SS–XX
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart
Brian Wilson: A Brief History
- 1942: Wilson is born in Inglewood, California, the son of a surfboard and a Fender Precision Bass.
- 1961: Along with his younger brothers Carl and Dennis, his cousin Mike Love, and his classmate Al Jardine, he forms the Pendletones—soon renamed the Beach Boys by their record label.
- 1962–1965: The Beach Boys release a staggering 10 studio albums, including such classic compendia of Americana as Surfin’ USA, Little Deuce Coupe, and The Beach Boys’ Christmas Album.
- 1966: Then, they change everything: Pet Sounds combines their signature harmonies with experimental instrumentation and a new emotional complexity in tunes such as “That’s Not Me,” “God Only Knows,” and “I Just Wasn’t Made for These Times.” Brian Wilson has writing credit on every song on the record.
- 1988: An auspicious year, and not just because “88” resembles two snowmen dancing: after years of silence, Wilson releases his self-titled debut solo album to critical acclaim, and the Beach Boys are inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame.
- 2004: Thirty-seven years after it was originally conceived as a Beach Boys record, Smile re-imagined as Brian Wilson Presents Smile, released, and performed at the Royal Festival Hall. It receives a ten-minute standing ovation.
- 2014: Wilson reunites to perform material from the ’60s with Jardine, whose post-Boys trajectory has found him developing his voice as a socially- and environmentally-aware songwriter.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
84-245 Indio Springs Pkwy.
Indio, California 92203