Seasoned actors can convey subtle emotions to the back row, even through their two-man horse costume. Watch pros at work with this GrouponLive deal.
- Two tickets to see Bridgeport Theatre Company presents “The Wedding Singer”
- Where: Downtown Cabaret Theatre
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: Pick up tickets starting 1 hour before event time; seating begins 45 minutes before event time
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
Ticket Package Options
- $20 for two tickets to the preview performance on Thursday, May 23, at 8 p.m. (up to a $40 value)
- $35 for two tickets (up to a $59.94 value) with two sodas (a $4 value) and two popcorns (a $6 value) valid to a regular performance on select dates between Friday, May 24, and Sunday, June 2 (up to a $69.94 value)
- Click here to view all available options.<p>
The Wedding Singer
Based on the wildly popular 1998 film starring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore, the Tony-nominated musical The Wedding Singer garners laughs and feel-good heart tugs in a romantic flashback to the 1980s. The story follows Robbie Hart, who’s happily engaged and rocking audiences as the crooner for a wedding band. When his fiancée jilts him at the altar, the performer goes on a hilarious downward bender as he spoils gigs and bums out brides with his newfound disdain for romance. The clouds lift when Robbie falls for a waitress named Julia, spurring him to take another chance on love despite her being engaged to a shallow womanizer. Adapted for the stage by Chad Beguelin and longtime Sandler chum Tim Herlihy, with a score of infectious and funny songs from Matthew Sklar, the musical treats fans of the movie to extra doses of romance and nostalgia while keeping Sandler’s tunes “Grow Old With You” and “Somebody Kill Me” in the spotlight.
Bridgeport Theatre Company’s take on The Wedding Singer doesn’t restrict the fun to the stage. Saturday-night costume contests inspire audiences to put on their best Day-Glo garb, snip the fingers off sequined gloves, and forget how to color coordinate as they vie for prizes and glory. A photo booth, available before the show and during intermission, encourages competitors to capture their killer get-ups with an 80s-inspired Polaroid.
Bridgeport Theatre Company at the Downtown Cabaret Theatre
263 Golden Hill St.
Bridgeport, Connecticut 06604