Ballet dancers spend an unusual amount of time on their toes, much like the coworker who creeps up behind your chair every day just to watch you for a while. Gaze at grace with this GrouponLive deal.
- One ticket to see Swan Lake presented by California Ballet
- Where: San Diego Civic Theatre
- When: Saturday, May 18 or Sunday, May 19
- Door time: 90 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $20 for upper balcony section (up to a $46.50 value)
- $25 for rear mezzanine/rear dress circle section (up to a $57.25 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- Click here to view all available show options.
California Ballet's Swan Lake
Had he been less rash, Romeo might have avoided his plight, but what chance did Prince Siegfried from Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake stand when his quest for love was bent by wizardry? Made melancholy by the necessity of marriage, the young prince sets out to distract himself with a swan hunt. To his surprise, however, the flock he’s tracking lands beside a crystalline lake and transforms into a group of beautiful maidens, led by Odette, the most beautiful of all. The evil sorcerer Von Rothbart has cursed them to be birds by day and women by night, making true love the only key to their freedom. Prince Siegfried seems like the dashing young man for the job, but he would do well to remember that sorcerers stoop to cheating—even at the game of love, and especially at Monopoly.
Ever the ambassador, California Ballet welcomes Dutch National Ballet principals Maia Makhateli and Artur Shesterikov to the stage alongside international performer Raydel Caceres. Clad in gauzy white tutus and skirts that flow and flap like feathers, the California Ballet dancers bring the magical lake to life with choreography by Thor Sutowski, a three-time Emmy Award winner for his work on PBS dance programs.