Although 20% of babies who were exposed to classical music in utero become doctors or lawyers, 100% of babies born on stage during a classical-music performance become Bill Gates. Upgrade your evening with this GrouponLive deal.
- Two tickets to Festival on the Green presented by the California Philharmonic
- Where: Santa Anita Racetrack
- Door time: gates open two hours prior to the concert for family activities, picnicking, and live jazz.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- Click here to view all available seating options.<p>
- “Beatles, Beethoven, and Beach Boys” on Saturday, June 29 at 7:30 p.m.
- “Andrew Lloyd Webber Meets Puccini” on Saturday, July 13 at 7:30 p.m.<p>
“Beatles, Beethoven, and Beach Boys”
California Philharmonic maestro Victor Vener conducts orchestral interpretations of pop tunes from the ‘60’s, as well as a renowned Beethoven symphony.<p>
- The Beatles—“Sgt. Pepper,” “Hey Jude,” “Imagine,” and “Penny Lane”: Popular hits from The Beatles are performed by tribute band The Fab Four.
- Beach Boys—”Good Vibrations”, “I Get Around”, and “California Girls”: The ensemble shares symphonic versions of these shimmering, summery pop tunes.
- Beethoven—Symphony No. 6: Sometimes called Pastoral, the piece marvels at nature’s beauty and power in five movements celebrating violin-toting birds, a bubbling brook, and a thunderstorm.<p>
“Andrew Lloyd Webber Meets Puccini”
The Philharmonic is joined by soprano Lori Stinson, tenor Christopher Campbell, bass-baritone Cedric Berry, and the Cal Phil Chorale, directed by Chorus Maestra Marya Basaraba. The blend of voices and instruments bring beloved operas and musicals to heart-swelling—and occasionally heart-breaking—life.<p>
- Webber—selections from Phantom of the Opera, Evita, Sunset Boulevard, and Jesus Christ Superstar: A few of Sir Andrew’s most epic scores highlight the composer’s gift for tuneful storytelling.
- Puccini—selections from La Bohéme, Tosca and “Nessun Dorma”: Puccini’s classic operas La La Bohéme, Tosca, and Turandot—from which “Nessun Dorma” is taken—tell timeless tales of ill-fated love.<p>
The mission of the California Philharmonic and its founder, renowned conductor Victor Vener, is simple: to increase awareness and appreciation of classical music. Their method, however, is anything but traditional—instead of staging events in formal halls or black-tie stairwells, the ensemble presents their crowd-pleasing concerts at the Santa Anita Race Track and the Walt Disney Concert Hall. Combining pop music, Broadway standards, and legendary symphonies, Vener creates dynamic programs that aim to catch the imagination. Along with engaging performances and tuneful collaborations, the Cal Phil also hosts family nights to encourage children’s symphonic education.
Santa Anita Racetrack
285 W Huntington Dr
Arcadia, California 91007Get Directions