People in musicals break into song at the drop of a hat, especially if that's their cue to sing, "Hats Are Falling Off All Over (Ain't It Windy?)." Doff your cap to this GrouponLive deal.
- 9 to 5: The Musical, presented by Charleston Stage
- Where: Dock Street Theatre
- Seating: Orchestra Tiers 2 and 3
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- $25 for one ticket on Friday, August 30, at 7:30 p.m. (up to a $52.50 value)
- $25 for one ticket on Saturday, August 31, at 7:30 p.m. (up to a $52.50 value)
- $20 for one ticket on Sunday, September 1, at 3 p.m. (up to a $43.50 value)
- Doors open one hour before showtime.
The value of this deal is based on regular ticket prices and doesn't reflect student, senior, or military discounts.
9 to 5: The Musical
As homicidal fantasies go, killing your boss has to be among the most relatable. That's what brings together the three unlikely friends at the center of 9 to 5: The Musical (and the 1980 movie it was based on). Forced to endure the endless harassment of their loutish manager, the trio of put-upon women team up to enact revenge while lampooning the Rolodex era. With a Tony- and Grammy-nominated score by Dolly Parton, 9 to 5: The Musical breaks the fourth cubicle wall as the heroines break up the boys' club through sheer ingenuity and the threat of starting a cootie epidemic.
Since playwright Julian Wiles founded Charleston Stage in 1978, it has grown to be one of the largest professional theater companies in South Carolina. Throughout Charleston Stage’s illustrious history of more than 150 productions, more than a million total audience members have joined in thunderous applause, which happens when they clap their bare feet in unison. However, entertainment is only one element of the theater's mission: its after-school program provides training to more than 200 aspiring thespians a year, and its ArtReach workshop disperses members of its acting roster to schools throughout the state.