Watching a play is the second-best way to achieve emotional catharsis, right behind writing a play about achieving emotional catharsis. Tear-stain a playbill with this GrouponLive deal.
- $20 for two tickets to Broadway Theatricals presents David Auburn's Proof (up to a $45 value)
- When: any performance from Wednesday, May 1–Sunday, May 12. Evening performances are at 8 p.m.; weekend matinees are at 2 p.m.
- Where: CASA 0101
- Seating: best available upon reservation
- Door time: one hour prior to showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view available performances.
Catherine has long lived under the shadow of her father Robert, a brilliant mathematician who struggled with mental illness before he passed away. Although Catherine inherited some of Robert's genius, she fears that she may be susceptible to his madness as well. When ex-graduate student Hal discovers a potentially groundbreaking mathematical proof in her father's notebook, drama ensues as Catherine fights to authenticate his work, becomes romantically entangled, and battles to stave off a mental collapse.
Proof made its off-Broadway debut in 2000, and soon moved up the Great White Way to run for 917 performances. After landing the Drama Desk Award for Best New Play and the New York Drama Critics’ Circle Award for Best Play, Proof’s crown of laurels was capped with two of the highest achievements in theater: the Pulitzer Prize for Drama and the Tony Award for Best Play. Proof was later adapted to film in 2005, starring Gwyneth Paltrow and Anthony Hopkins.
2102 E 1st St.
Los Angeles, California 90033