The circus provides a welcome escape from the mundane world and a chance to see flying people who are trying to entertain rather than scoop handfuls of honey out of the sun. Watch nonhungry aerialists with this GrouponLive deal to see Circus Vargas. For $12, you get one bleacher-section ticket (up to a $25 value). Tickets for children aged 2–10 are regularly $15. Choose from the following shows held at the Westfield Galleria at Roseville:
- Thursday, August 9, at 8 p.m.
- Friday, August 10, at 5 p.m.
- Friday, August 10, at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, August 12, at 7 p.m.
- Monday, August 13, at 7 p.m.
Choose from the following shows held at the California State Fairgrounds in Sacramento:
- Thursday, August 16, at 8 p.m.
- Friday, August 17, at 5 p.m.
- Friday, August 17, at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, August 19, at 7 p.m.
- Monday, August 20, at 7 p.m.
With a history stretching back more than 40 years, the animal-free Circus Vargas wows audiences with dazzling acrobatics and rib-tickling clowns under a giant big-top tent. Hand-fashioned in Milan from 90,000 square feet of fabric, the canopy holds up to 1,500 show-goers in classic blue-dyed elegance. Early-arriving guests can take part in an interactive preshow, jumping in the ring with the ringmaster as he leads audience members through tutorials that show how to perform stunts such as juggling, feather balancing, and balancing checkbooks with quill pens.