Although Thomas Edison invented the light bulb and the phonograph, it never occurred to him to mix lights and music because he wasn't very smart. Electrify your senses with this GrouponLive deal.
- $10 for one ticket to Cirque Lunaire II (up to a $22.50 value)
- When: Saturday, November 2, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Crown Events Center
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 8 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the complete performance lineup.
Cirque Lunaire II
- What it is: a night of electronic music, cirque performance, and live painting
- Who's headlining: Quixotic, Govinda, Phutureprimitive, Movhipet, and Kelly McCann
- How Quixotic describes itself: "an ensemble of artists from various disciplines including aerial acrobatics, dance, fashion, film, music and visual f-x"
- What you might see in a Govinda performance: dancers, live projections, classical violin
- What spurred Phutureprimitive to embrace electronic music: while working as a DJ, he began to incorporate music he made at home, eventually finding his passion in the creation of new tunes
- Where Mochipet has performed: Carnegie Hall
- What he was wearing during that performance: a dragon suit, the same things he wears to every performance
- What to do away from the main stage: head to Area 2 where a host of DJs will compete in a silent disco
- How will people dance if the disco's silent?: they'll listen through headphones, or copy the person next to them
- Why you should pack your cheeks with espresso beans before the show: the party rocks until 4 a.m.