Car races are the safest places to practice pretend engine noises without attracting lawn mowers in heat. Rev up with this GrouponLive deal.
- Admission to the Classic Sports Racing Group's 47th Sonoma Opener
- When: Saturday, April 5 and Sunday, April 6 at 8:45 a.m.
- Where: Sonoma Raceway
- Seating: General admission, which includes Paddock access and parking
- Door time: 7 a.m. on both days
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $12 for a one-day admission, valid for either day (a $25 value)
- $20 for a two-day admission (a $40 value)
CSRG Sonoma Opener
In April 2014, Classic Sports Racing Group will return to Sonoma Raceway to celebrate and showcase vintage car racing during a weekend packed with events. About 200 vehicles will be divided into 8 race groups with three sessions (both qualifying & races) per group, per day. While historic vehicles zip around the track, attendees can fuel up on Sonoma foods, wine, and craft beers for sale. They can also make their visit extra special by signing up to wave the checkered flag or go for a ride in the pace car for an additional charge. To register for either activity, guests should go to Race Central when they arrive at the track.
Classic Sports Racing Group
A non-profit club founded in 1968, Classic Sports Racing Group was established to uphold the appreciation, preservation, and use of vintage cars–particularly those built during the 1950s, '60s, and '70s. Today, the group celebrates these race cars with races at tracks around Northern California. These events emphasize general participation over wins and losses, showcasing cars as pieces of history instead of just competitive tools. Car types run the gamut from Production cars to Formula cars, Trans-Am, Can-Am & Sports Racers such as those that ran at Le Mans.