- Admission to MIX: Caliente
- When: Friday, August 1, at 5 p.m.
- Where: Cleveland Museum of Art
- Door time: 5 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $10 for two tickets (up to $20 value)
- $19 for four tickets (up to $40 value)
CMA members receive admission for $4 in advance or $6 at the door; this Groupon provides the best value for non-CMA members.
On the first Friday of every month, the Cleveland Museum of Art hosts MIX at CMA, a five-hour party featuring art, music, and cocktails. August’s party, MIX: Caliente, celebrates the heat of the summer on the museum’s south terrace. Grupo Fuego lives up to its name by performing blazing hot salsa melodies, and salsa lessons from dance troupe Tropical Cleveland get guests moving. Between numbers, attendees can view ancient works in the CMA’s Mesoamerican gallery.
Cleveland Museum of Art
Since it's founding in 1913, the Cleveland Museum of Art has operated under a simple—yet lofty—mission statement: "For the benefit of all people, forever." In the spirit of that all-encompassing philosophy, the museum features works as disparate as ancient artifacts from the Classical world, lush landscapes from Dutch masters, and pieces from modern icons.
- Size: the museum stretches across nearly 600,000 square feet, and contains 19 galleries spotlighting 5,800 years of art from Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Americas
- Eye Catcher: an original cast of Auguste Rodin's Thinker sculptures, this one damaged by a pipe bomb attack in 1970—a crime for which no one was ever charged
- Permanent Mainstays: internationally renowned Asian, Egyptian, and Indian collections
- Visiting Exhibit: Yoga: The Art of Transformation, which includes Islamic divination texts, three stone yoginis from a 10th-century Chola temple, and Thomas Edison's Hindoo Fakir, the first film about an Indian subject ever produced
- Don't Miss: Gallery One, a digital interactive gallery that lets visitors explore works by Pablo Picasso, Auguste Rodin, and Chuck Close on the largest multi-touch microtile screen in the United States
100% of 35 customers recommend
“Get there early Great evening and a lot of energy and fun people”
“It was a fun time, always a blast at the Cleveland Museum of Art!”
“Crowded but fun! Bring cash for the bar. ”
Cleveland Museum of Art
11150 East Blvd
Cleveland, Ohio 44106