Although Thomas Edison invented the light bulb and the phonograph, it never occurred to him to mix lights and music because he wasn't very smart. Electrify your senses with this GrouponLive deal.
- Clinton Sparks concert
- When: Friday, September 20, at midnight
- Where: Eden DC
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 10 p.m.
- Ticket values includes all fees.<p>
- $25 for one ticket (up to a $40 value) and one drink (up to a $15 value; up to a $55 total value)
- $45 for two tickets and two two drinks (up to a $110 total value)<p>
- How he got his start: pretending to have a successful internet radio show while hustling his mixtapes up and down the East Coast
- What it led to: collaborations with Eminem, Common, and the Wu-Tang Clan in his mother’s basement
- And: the worldwide syndicated, and very much real, “My Awesome Radio Show”
- And: the co-founding of MixUnit.com, one of the largest mixtape websites
- His other hats: Grammy-nominated producer, songwriter, recording artist, and a top hat
- Who he’s worked with: Lady Gaga, Pitbull, T-Pain, Ludacris
- His most recent coup: the dance-fueling beat-fest “Gold Rush,” featuring 2 Chainz and Macklemore
- The track’s genesis: Sparks heard Macklemore’s “Thrift Shop” and Tweeted that he wanted to work together
- Macklemore: promptly recorded a verse without so much as a meeting
- 2 Chainz: agreed to supply a track over the phone
- What Sparks is celebrating with this performance: 34 candles on his birthday cake<p>
Behind Eden DC's velvet rope, some of the District’s best club music fuels a long night of dancing, mingling, and drinking. Bottle service and private rooms give VIPs a place to relax and avoid potent beer-tap phobias while lush greenery pours over the main bar, softening the space in honor of the venue’s verdant namesake. Between songs, guests can refresh their caloric stores with eclectic, Japanese-inspired bites such as gyoza dumplings, raw sashimi, and veggie spring rolls.