Laughter is the best medicine, narrowly edging out prescription drugs from a board-certified physician. Hilarity heals with this GrouponLive deal.
- $31 for two tickets to see Colin Jost (up to a $42.24 value) and one combo appetizer (up to an $18 value; up to a $60.24 total value)
- Where: Stand Up Live
- Section: general admission
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the menu.<p>
- Friday, November 8, at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, November 8, at 9:45 p.m. Doors open at 9:15 p.m.
- Saturday, November 9, at 7 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m.
- Saturday, November 9, at 9:45 p.m. Doors open at 9:15 p.m.<p>
Warning: contains swears and references to sneeze-related anger
It takes a smart guy to score huge laughs from seemingly inane subjects such as sneezing, being single, or their father's paranoia of identity theft. Colin Jost is one very smart guy. At Harvard, Jost became the president of the world's most continually published humor magazine, Harvard Lampoon. From there, he took his writing talents to Saturday Night Live, where he earned five Emmy nominations, and won three Writers Guild Awards and a Peabody Award. Although well-established as a wordsmith—he's also contributed to The New Yorker and the New York Times Magazine—Jost is equally adept when he steps into the spotlight in his standup shows. Proving why he was hailed as a "Breakout Artist" by the famed comedy club Carolines on Broadway, he shares wry observations with the easy-going confidence of a veteran cut-up.
####Stand Up Live Stand Up Live aims for a blend of the classic and the edgy, both in the comics it welcomes and the ambience it creates. Table seating surrounds three sides of the intimate stage in a room bounded by a rough, time-worn brick wall bearing a graffiti-style mural of the club’s name. At those tables, guests crack up over selections from a menu of burgers, shareable Southwestern dishes, and fruit-filled cocktails—bartenders are especially proud of their mojitos and frozen daiquiris. The club also offers free, covered parking for three hours for every guest so that cars don’t get too spooked by the loud laughter and run off.
Stand Up Live
50 W Jefferson St.
Phoenix, Arizona 85003