Horses symbolize a wild, uncontrollable spirit, which is why rebellious teenagers sport mane-like mohawks and eat even the cores of their apples. See horses chase their dreams with this Groupon.
- $25 for a package for one to see a horse-racing event from a Sky Suite (a $58 total value)
- When: Any event Saturday or Sunday during fall harness-racing season, which lasts until October 27. Click here to view the harness-racing calendar.
- Where: Colonial Downs Racetrack
- Seating: Turf Club dining room seating with Sky Suite access
- Doors: One hour prior to post time
- Ticket values include all fees.
Each package includes the following:
- Admission to the fourth-floor Turf Club Dining Room and access to a special Sky Suite (a $15 value)
- A $15 voucher for lunch
- Racing program and tip sheet (a $3 value)
- A $2 betting voucher
- Colonial Downs baseball cap (a $10 value)
- Guided tour of the track (a $10 value)
- Pass for return admission (a $3 value)
The Scouting Report
From Saturday, September 21, to Sunday, October 27, harness racing electrifies the track at Colonial Downs. Seated within the fourth-floor Turf Club, spectators get a birds-eye view of the action, all the while glancing at a program with information on each horse competing in the day's races and expert tips that help make informed decisions on where to place betting faith.
Tableside televisions keep diners attune to what's happening on the track as they fill up on dishes from the Turf Club's kitchen. In addition, an exclusive tour grants guests a behind-the-scenes look at the horse-racing lifestyle and a chance to ask experts about the bond between harness horse and driver or whether humans can metabolize hay.
Colonial Downs Racetrack
Home of the Virginia Derby each summer, Colonial Downs Racetrack upholds the age old Southern tradition of horse racing with a pair of impressive tracks. At 180 feet wide, the Secretariat Turf Course plays host to the derby as well as other summer thoroughbred races. Measuring at 1.25 miles, the outside dirt track is the second largest in the country—dwarfed only by Belmont Park— and plays host the pacers and trotters in the fall harness races. As Virginia's only site for pari-mutuel betting, Colonial Downs attracts droves of racing fans and wandering derby hats throughout the season. Once inside the gates, visitors can enjoy the sights and sounds from the outdoor grandstand or relax in one of Colonial Downs' club and suite seating options, most of which offer dining and betting services, TVs linked to off-track races, and unobstructed birds-eye views of either track outside.
Colonial Down Race track
10515 Colonial Downs Pkwy.
New Kent, Virginia 23124Get Directions