Hockey combines the speed of basketball, the hard hits of football, and the glistening blades of competitive shaving. Study frozen fusion with this GrouponLive deal to see a Colorado College Tigers hockey game at World Arena. Choose from the following seating options:
- For $9, you get two tickets for upper-bowl seating in sections 211–214 (an $18 value).
- For $12, you get two tickets for upper-bowl seating in section 201 or 204 (a $24 value).
- For $15, you get two tickets for upper-bowl corner seating in sections 205 - 210, 215 - 220 (a $30 value).
Choose between the following games:
- Against Clarkson University on Friday, October 12, at 7:37 p.m.
- Against Clarkson University on Saturday, October 13, at 7:07 p.m.
With the banners of their past successes suspended from World Arena's rafters, the Colorado College Tigers skate into the 2012-13 season in pursuit of the university's 10th WCHA crown. A dozen consecutive winning seasons precedes this year's squad, and it's no surprise that head coach Scott Owens has been at the helm for all of them. Owens returns to the bench just one victory shy of 300 wins in his 14-year career. At his disposal, coach Owens touts a roster of talented puck-slingers, including senior forwards Rylan Schwartz and William Rapuzzi. Last season, Schwartz was a bigger problem for opposing netminders than goalie masks made from spaghetti noodles, rifling a team-best 23 goals. Rapuzzi, meanwhile, enters the season as team captain after collecting 15 points in 35 games in 2011-12.
World Arena became the home of Tigers hockey in 1998. Each game, more than 7,000 people can pack into its stands, which feature a precise rise to ensure every fan is close enough to throw his or her hat on the ice when a referee scores three goals. The arena also accommodates guests with comfy, theater-style chairs.