Playing baseball takes coordination, upper-body strength, and the courage to run counterclockwise even though that direction is normally only for the immoral and weak-hearted. See strong-willed Americans with this GrouponLive deal.
- Corpus Christi Hooks baseball package for one or four people
- Where: Whataburger Field
- Seating: Reserved, sections 110–128
- Gate time: 90 minutes before game time
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Ticket and Package Options
$11 for a one-ticket package ($27.33 total value)
- One reserved-seating ticket ($12.33 value)
- Baseball cap ($15 value)
$60 for a four-ticket package ($124.32 total value)
- Four reserved-seating tickets ($49.32 value)
- One $5 Hooks gift card
- Souvenir program ($5 value)
- Parking pass ($5 value)
- Four baseball caps ($60 value)
For each option, choose from the following games:
- Against the Frisco RoughRiders on Sunday, April 27, at 1:10 p.m.
- Against the San Antonio Missions on Sunday, May 4, at 1:10 p.m.
- Against the Midland RockHounds on Sunday, May 18, at 1:10 p.m.
- Against the Arkansas Travelers on Wednesday, May 28, at 7:10 p.m.
The Scouting Report
A season ago, the Hooks posted the best record in the Texas League. Though their hopes of a championship were dashed, 2014 looks to be another promising year in Corpus Christi as the team has racked up an average of over .600 as of mid-April. Four games in April and May give fans a chance to see the Hooks take on all of their rivals in the Texas League's South Division, including the reigning-champion San Antonio Missions. The 2014 campaign also marks the team's 10th anniversary, an accomplishment that's best celebrated by winning games instead of canvassing the outfield with birthday candles.
Corpus Christi Hooks
After joining the Texas League in 2005, the Corpus Christi Hooks wasted little time capturing a title, but they still had a little patience before reeling in their prize. On September 14, 2006, the team took 14 innings to defeat the Wichita Wranglers 8–7 in a five-hour barnburner and bring home the championship. But while it was only the Hooks’ first title as members of the Texas League, it was the 10th overall championship in franchise history—a legacy that stretches back to 1968, when the franchise began in Tennessee as the Memphis Blues.
Since moving to Corpus Christi, the Hooks have helped launch the careers of more than 40 big leaguers. Much of that success has unfolded before packed crowds at Whataburger Field, whose exterior of corrugated steel and bricks pays homage to the cotton warehouses that previously occupied the site. Inside, fans enjoy numerous amenities, including a rock wall, an interactive playground, and views of the USS Lexington, anchored out on the bay to defend Houston from any baseballs hit out of the park.
734 E Port Ave.
Corpus Christi, Texas 78401