There's an unexpected quality to live musical theater—a lead actor might sing in your aisle or an usher could turn out to be Usher. See what happens with this GrouponLive deal.
- Two tickets to see Spring Awakening
- Where: Crown Uptown Professional Dinner Theatre
- When: select dates, August 15–25
- Seating: general admission
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $60 for a dinner performance Thursday–Saturday (a $116 value). Dinner is served from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., with the show starting at 7:30 p.m.
- $45 for a Sunday matinee performance (an $86 value). Appetizers and desserts are served from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m., with the show starting at 2 p.m.
- Click to see the menu.
- Click to see all available showtimes.
Addressing the darker side of adolescent life in a sexually restrictive society, the 2007 Tony–sweeping musical Spring Awakening is based on an 1892 play of the same name, rarely performed and often banned in its own time. Steven Sater and Duncan Sheik arranged, scored, and adapted this raw, unfiltered story, which follows a student body of turn-of-the-century teenagers as they navigate the difficult road to adulthood. The singer-songwriter behind the radio hit "Barely Breathing," Sheik sets the uncomfortable truths of adolescent sexual anxiety to heart-wrenching songs such as the romantically naïve Wendla's unanswered plea for wisdom in "Mama Who Bore Me," and "Touch Me," a tender, triumphant ballad that buzzes with physical desire. The centerpiece of the drama is the growing attraction between the headstrong yet well-educated Melchior and Wendla, whose faulty knowledge leads to tragedy.
Meanwhile, Melchior's best friend, Moritz, pines for the Bohemian runaway Ilse, and tirelessly works to succeed in school even as he struggles to rein in his stampeding libido. None of the central couples' classmates are free of secrets either, and the musical boldly faces these realities, from closeted homosexuality to child abuse. This musical is intended for mature audiences.
Great production with good food. The qualtiy of the entertainment is excellentKEH-ICT, TripAdvisor, 8/28/12
Amazing; the theatre itself is very regal and service is great.Reviewer, Google+ Local, 4 months ago
“It was excellent service and the ambiance was so beautiful”
“I loved TRHS! Monte was fabulous, and Austin was so pretty!”
“Just go and have a great time!!!”
Crown Uptown Professional Dinner Theatre
3207 E Douglas Ave.
Wichita, Kansas 67218