Great songwriters know everything about their craft, from all the scales to the few words that rhyme with "small-town steel mill experiencing financial difficulties." Watch masters at work with this GrouponLive deal.
- $7 for one ticket to Dallas Rocks! – Country Edition (up to $13.25 value)
- When: Friday, March 28, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: House of Blues Dallas
- Section: general admission standing
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
Dallas Rocks! – Country Edition
- What it is: a celebration of up-and-coming Texas bands
- Tyler & the Tribe is: a band made of self-described good ol' boys who like to rock 'n' roll
- Breaking Southwest is: a band featuring the official "fiddle girl" of Gilley’s Dallas among its talented musicians
- Tres Medlock Band is: a Ranch Radio Group "Battle of the Bands" winning act that has opened for Junior Brown and Ray Wylie Hubbard
- Calamity Jane is: a trio of Texas sisters likely to rope up new fans with their sibling harmonies, their Red Dirt country grit, and perhaps actual lassos
House of Blues Dallas
To keep the spirit of its musical roots ever near, House of Blues Dallas keeps a metal box of mud from the Delta Mississippi beneath its stage. Summoning the spirit and raw grit contained therein, local and national performers enliven the venue’s wood-laden auditorium, lined with art such as Alan Sainte James Boudrot’s A Dream Come True. The historic White Swan building, a remnant of the 1920s coffee-processing plant, hosts this mix of traditional and contemporary, adding its open architecture and thoroughly caffeinated phantoms.