Dancing makes you feel free, like living off the grid or getting your taxes done good and early. Follow your heart with this GrouponLive deal.
- $15 for one ticket to see Dancin Machine (up to a $31 value)
- When: Saturday, November 2, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Paramount Hudson Valley
- Section: best available general admission
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- What to expect: the spirit of a '70s disco, but with better sound and cologne
- What to wear: bell bottoms, polyester shirts, platform shoes
- The band: a nine-piece troupe featuring "Horn Dawg" on horns, "Hot Rod" on the keys, "Brutha Boogie" on lead vocals, and harmonies from "Bubbles" and "Kenya Hustle"
- Songs you might hear where the boogie is the subject, the subtext, and there's no room for interpretation: "Boogie Oogie Oogie," "Boogie Shoes," "I'm Your Boogie Man"
Paramount Hudson Valley
"A Paramount All-Talking Picture" starring Maurice Chevalier and Claudette Colbert drew great public fanfare when the Paramount Hudson Valley debuted in 1930. Then known as the Peekskill Paramount Theater, and owned by a subsidiary of mega-studio Paramount Pictures, the Westchester County Landmark stifled Great Depression and World War II woes as a grand movie house for decades. After shopping malls and TV thwarted its status as a movie house in the '70s, the palace recently reemerged as the Paramount Hudson Valley and now attracts top-name live performers. Lovingly renovated to its original 1930's sheen, the theater sports new carpet, refurbished vintage theater seats, hand painted ceiling canvas, and opera boxes.