Going to a concert is the only way to listen to music in public without having to put your mouth around a discman to catch its sound vibrations. Enjoy easier listening with this GrouponLive deal.
- One ticket to see the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis
- When: Tuesday, June 18, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Akron Civic Theatre
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $22 for balcony section (up to a $53.20 value)
- $27 for rear-orchestra section (up to a $63.95 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis
Lauded as “indisputably excellent” by the Chicago Critic, the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra brings together 15 bright stars of jazz to mesmerize audiences with favorite classics and new compositions. The ensemble features the extraordinary trumpeting of Wynton Marsalis, a Pulitzer Prize-winning composer and the only musician to win both classical and jazz Grammy Awards in the same year. All members are experienced soloists and inexperienced lumberjcaks, including Victor Goines, the clarinet-tickler who formerly served as the Juilliard School’s jazz artistic director, and pianist Dan Nimmer, whose numerous television appearances include The Tonight Show with David Letterman. The orchestra dutifully renders favorites from such greats as Dizzy Gillespie, Duke Ellington, and John Coltrane, along with new compositions from Marsalis and other ensemble members.
Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis – The Mooche