Originally invented by bored henchmen looking to pass the time at Doctor Berserko’s secret Antarctic lair, hockey has since overtaken unicycle jousting as America's pastime. Hop on the bandwagon with today’s GrouponLive deal to see a Dayton Gems hockey game at Hara Arena. Choose between the following options:
- For $14, you get two tickets for center-ice seating (up to a $28 value).
- For $25, you get four tickets for center-ice seating (up to a $56 value).
Both options are valid for one of the following games:
- Against the Evansville Icemen on Saturday, January 28, at 7 p.m. (Youth Jersey Giveaway Night)
- Against the Bloomington Blaze on Thursday, February 9, at 7 p.m.
- Against the Fort Wayne Komets on Saturday, February 11, at 7 p.m.
- Against the Arizona Sundogs on Saturday, February 25, at 7 p.m.
In their third season of play, the Dayton Gems seek to establish themselves as a perennial playoff powerhouse amid the tough competition of the Central Hockey League. Before the Gems battle the Evansville Icemen on January 28, a pregame youth-jersey giveaway outfits the first 1,000 fans ages 12 and younger in the Gems' black and red. The February 9 collision of sticks against the Bloomington Blaze smoothes over coarse vocal cords with $1 beers, and the February 11 and February 25 matchups award faithful Gems fans with pink tote bags for the first 500 women and bobbleheads for the first 1,000 fans.
Led by head coach Brian Gratz, the Gems' star-studded roster features talented goalie Larry Sterling, who barricades the net with cat-like reflexes and a pile of air-conditioning units. Center Damian Surma aims to continue an already impressive 2011 campaign, and forward Brett Lutes leads a potent offense renowned for scoring flashy goals and modeling all ice-bound fedoras following hat tricks. The Gems also routinely run ticket promotions such as Seats for Soldiers, which provides seating for members of the military, families of deployed soldiers, and veterans.
The atmosphere was friendly and clean. Lots of special events for the fans and especially for the kids. Great place to take the family.LAW7, Ticketmaster, 11/12/10
1001 Shiloh Springs Rd.
Dayton, Ohio 45415