Watching a play is the second-best way to achieve emotional catharsis, right behind writing a play about achieving emotional catharsis. Tear-stain a playbill with this GrouponLive deal.
- Admission to Dead Man's Cell Phone
- Where: Buffalo Laboratory Theatre at Swan Auditorium
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 45 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $12.50 for one ticket (up to a $21.69 value)
- $25 for one ticket with admission to the gala on Friday, September 20 at 6:30 p.m. (up to a $52.74 value)
- $49 for two tickets with admission to the gala on Friday, September 20 at 6:30 p.m. (up to a $83.79 value)
- Click here to view all ticketing and performance options.
Dead Man's Cell Phone
Sarah Ruhl's off-kilter comedy satirizes modern society's love affair with the cell phone while exploring the bond between identity and technology. Irritated by the incessant ringing from the table behind her, 30-something technophobe Jean brings herself to confront the phone's owner—only to discover him lying face down in a bowl of lobster bisque. So she does the only natural thing: she answers the call. She soon finds herself delivering messages to the late Gordon's loved ones, and if she has to make a few exaggerations about their relationship, it's a small price to pay for the sense of closure she provides. But as fact blurs with fiction, Jean might be getting in way over her head.
Buffalo Laboratory Theatre at Swan Auditorium
5200 S Park Ave.
Hamburg, New York 14426