Watching a play is the second-best way to achieve emotional catharsis, right behind writing a play about achieving emotional catharsis. Tear-stain a playbill with this GrouponLive deal.
- Admission to Dead Man's Cell Phone
- Where: Buffalo Laboratory Theatre at Swan Auditorium
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 45 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $12.50 for one ticket (up to a $21.69 value)
- $25 for one ticket with admission to the gala on Friday, September 20 at 6:30 p.m. (up to a $52.74 value)
- $49 for two tickets with admission to the gala on Friday, September 20 at 6:30 p.m. (up to a $83.79 value)
- Click here to view all ticketing and performance options.
Dead Man's Cell Phone
Sarah Ruhl's off-kilter comedy satirizes modern society's love affair with the cell phone while exploring the bond between identity and technology. Irritated by the incessant ringing from the table behind her, 30-something technophobe Jean brings herself to confront the phone's owner—only to discover him lying face down in a bowl of lobster bisque. So she does the only natural thing: she answers the call. She soon finds herself delivering messages to the late Gordon's loved ones, and if she has to make a few exaggerations about their relationship, it's a small price to pay for the sense of closure she provides. But as fact blurs with fiction, Jean might be getting in way over her head.
Buffalo Laboratory Theatre
It isn't called a laboratory for nothing, even if the light fixtures aren't actually made from converted beakers. At Buffalo Laboratory Theatre, classic plays get experimental makeovers and new works make their stage debuts. Even if an audience believes they are watching a straightforward staging of a time-honored production such as Hamlet, they can rest assured that something is different—the actors might have relied on a unique rehearsal technique, or the director may have devised an entirely new presentational style. By keeping their work fresh and unpredictable, the artists at BLT aim to make every raise of the curtain a magical experience.