Dancers use their bodies to express emotions, unlike opera singers, who use their voices, and Punchin’ Jack, who only uses his fists. Get an eyeful of art with this Groupon.
- One ticket to see the 2013 Desert Classic Dancesport Championships
- Where: JW Marriott
- Section: general admission
- Ticket values include all fees
- Click here to view the schedule.<p>
Dates and Times
- $22 for Thursday, July 11, at 7 p.m. (a $35 value). Doors open at 4 p.m.
- $29 for Friday, June 12, at 7 p.m. (a $45 value). Doors open at 6 p.m.
- $29 for Saturday, July 13, at 7 p.m. (a $45 value) Doors open at 6 p.m.<p>
2013 Desert Classic Dancesport Championships
Massimo Giorgianni and Alessia Manfredini
Organized by dance power couple Igor and Irina Suvorov, the Desert Classic gathers a packed schedule of professional and amateur Latin and ballroom dancers looking to net more than $91,000 in prize money. Throughout the weekend, spectators witness the drama of the tango, the glamour of dazzling costumes, and the wide range of each judge’s body-language subtleties. The event's centerpiece, though, is Saturday evening's performance by legendary duo Massimo Giorgianni and Alessia Manfredini. Although retired from professional competition, the two retain the sensuous moves and simmering passion that won them six world championships. Other events throughout the weekend include Thursday's showcases of up-and-coming young dancers. Friday and Saturday's performances promise further toe tapping with performances from contestants in the sprightly Amateur Under 21 International Ballroom Championship, the sure-footed Formation Team Ballroom Championship, and the well-heeled Senior and Masters Amateur International Latin and Ballroom competitions.
74855 Country Club Drive
Palm Desert, CA 92260