- $39 for two tickets to see Dionne Farris and The Russell Gunn Quartet (up to an $85.10 value)
- Where: Jazz Cafe at Music Hall
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Friday, October 25, at 8 p.m. or 10 p.m.
- Saturday, October 26, at 8 p.m. or 10 p.m.
Dionne Farris and The Russell Gunn Quartet
- Where you first met Dionne: in the hip-hop group Arrested Development, where she sang the smash "Tennessee"
- Number of Grammys she won in that outfit: two
- Wild Seed – Wild Flower: the 1994 solo debut that shot Farris up the charts
- Dionne Farris moment that would have made Paul McCartney cry if he wasn't all man: her rendition of "Blackbird" on Saturday Night Live in 1995
- The Grammy-nominated Dionne Farris single that she knows you know: "I Know"
- Signs of Life: the comeback album hailed as one of the "Top 10 Soul Albums of 2011" by Creative Loafing Atlanta
- What's in Dionne's vocal DNA?: a mix of Diana Ross, P-Funk, Tom Jones, and Billie Holiday
- Russell Gunn's influences: Miles Davis, LL Cool J
- Grammy-nominated Gunn album you should own: Ethnomusicology Vol. 1.
- What to expect from their collaboration: genre-jumping jazz arrangements of Farris's hits
- Collaborative album you'll be compelled to buy after the show: Dionne Get Your Gunn
Jazz Cafe At Music Hall
350 Madison St.
Detroit, Michigan 48226