Music is a force powerful enough to calm a baby, soothe a wild beast, or compel the two to dance with each other. Be overcome by this GrouponLive deal.
- $39 for two tickets to see Dionne Farris and The Russell Gunn Quartet (up to an $85.10 value)
- Where: Jazz Cafe at Music Hall
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Friday, October 25, at 8 p.m. or 10 p.m.
- Saturday, October 26, at 8 p.m. or 10 p.m.
Dionne Farris and The Russell Gunn Quartet
- Where you first met Dionne: in the hip-hop group Arrested Development, where she sang the smash "Tennessee"
- Number of Grammys she won in that outfit: two
- Wild Seed – Wild Flower: the 1994 solo debut that shot Farris up the charts
- Dionne Farris moment that would have made Paul McCartney cry if he wasn't all man: her rendition of "Blackbird" on Saturday Night Live in 1995
- The Grammy-nominated Dionne Farris single that she knows you know: "I Know"
- Signs of Life: the comeback album hailed as one of the "Top 10 Soul Albums of 2011" by Creative Loafing Atlanta
- What's in Dionne's vocal DNA?: a mix of Diana Ross, P-Funk, Tom Jones, and Billie Holiday
- Russell Gunn's influences: Miles Davis, LL Cool J
- Grammy-nominated Gunn album you should own: Ethnomusicology Vol. 1.
- What to expect from their collaboration: genre-jumping jazz arrangements of Farris's hits
- Collaborative album you'll be compelled to buy after the show: Dionne Get Your Gunn
Tips from Groupon Customers
“Great show kinda artsy fartsie and out of the box...loved it thanks groupon!”
Jazz Cafe At Music Hall
350 Madison St.
Detroit, Michigan 48226