Live music is a huge improvement on canned music, which takes up valuable pantry space and often spoils into noxious free jazz. Keep it fresh with this GrouponLive deal.
- $28 for one ticket to see a Cuban Summer Concert Series show featuring Yorgis Goiricelaya and Project Elegance, including dinner and a rose for the ladies (up to a $69 value)
- Where: Drom
- Seating: reserved
- Door time: 15 minutes before showtime
- Ticket prices include all fees.
Dates and Times
- Saturday, June 22, at 6 p.m.
- Sunday, June 23, at 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday, June 23, at 8 p.m.
Dinner includes roasted chicken, rice and beans, sweet plantains, and a salad.
Cuban Summer Concert Series Featuring Yorgis Goiricelaya and Project Elegance
Cuban-born, Grammy-nominated multi-instrumentalist Yorgis Goiricelaya has been pursuing the musical life since he first took up the piano at age eight. After relocating to Costa Rica, he began a holistic exploration of his musical roots, picking up the bass and flute, and trying his hand at writing and arranging to master traditional genres from throughout Latin America. Now based in Miami, he recently formed Project Elegance. In its New York debut, the group fills the elegant Drom nightclub with their takes on Cuban son, danzon, and cha cha cha, keeping their performance sophisticated through complex instrumentation and stern avoidance of the "Hokey Pokey."