- $29 for one ticket to Direct From Cuba: Mother's Day with Pepito Gomez Sextet (up to $69 value)
- Where: Drom
- Seating: reserved
- Door time: 15 minutes before showtime
- Ticket prices include all fees.
- Saturday, May 10 at 6 p.m.
- Saturday, May 10 at 8:30 p.m.
Pepito Gomez Sextet
- Why Gomez deserves to have a whole sextet named after him: He’s a world-traveling Cuban singer praised by the New York Times for a voice they've described as “a beneficent alarm, a positive shout.”
- What else the Times has said about him: He’s “another order of performer” who makes his “band members look at one another in astonishment and play harder.”
- Other famous Cuban groups he’s graced: Guasabara, Pupy y los que Son Son
- Who the sextet will be paying tribute to at this concert: the Buena Vista Social Club
- Why they might be inclined to do that (besides the universal appeal of the Club's golden-age Cuban tunes): Member Omara Portuondo is a high-profile fan of Gomez’s pipes.