- $16 for one ticket to see DJ Shadow and Cut Chemist (up to $33 value)
- When: Tuesday, September 9, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Baltimore Soundstage
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees
DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
- What DJ Shadow helped pioneer: instrumental hip-hop
- Album that put him on the map: his 1996 debut, Endtroducing…..
- His signature style: sampling rare pieces of music, including “The Human Abstract” from eclectic jazz composer David Axelrod
- How you know he won’t run out of records to spin: he has more than 60,000 of them
- How you know Cut Chemist: as the man manning the turntables for Jurassic 5 and, once upon a time, Latin funk act Ozomatli
- Where else you’ve heard his scratching: on the soundtrack to Tony Hawk’s Underground 2
- Cameo that makes best use of his name: Juno, where he played a chemistry teacher
- Best singles to dance to: “The Garden,” “What’s the Altitude,” “Adidas to Addis”
- Renegades of Rhythm Tour: DJ Shadow and Cut Chemist collaborate using pioneering DJ Afrika Bambaataa’s original vinyl record collection to celebrate his and Zulu Nation’s 40th Anniversary.
What some people are buzzing about: