Metaphors for laughter are often surprisingly violent, from busting a gut to splitting your sides to tumbling down the jagged face of Joke Mountain. Break a funny bone with this GrouponLive deal.
- One ticket to see Spank! The Fifty Shades Parody
- When: Friday, June 28, at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Palace Theatre at Stamford Center for the Arts
- Door time: 7:30 p.m.; the lobby opens at 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $22 for rear mezzanine section (up to a $44.50 value)
- $25 for side orchestra or front mezzanine section (up to a $49.50 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Spank! The Fifty Shades Parody
A guilty pleasure of readers worldwide, the novel Fifty Shades of Grey sold 30 million copies in the United States between March and June of last year alone. The exceedingly popular story, which centers on the relationship between a naïve college graduate and a billionaire with a sadistic sexual appetite, inspires the spoof Spank! The Fifty Shades Parody, a live-action musical interpretation of the acclaimed softcore novel. Making a local stop after leaving audiences across the U.S. and Canada blushing, the theatrical comedy—written and directed by Jim Millan, whose credits include Mythbusters Live and the documentary Kids in the Hall: Tour of Duty—thrills onlookers with the brawn of a Thunder from Down Under dance routine and the nonstop hilarity of a whoopee cushion stuck on repeat. After the show, fans can meet and greet the entire cast, or attempt to keep their composure as they snag a photo with the beefcake leading man. This show is not affiliated, nor authorized, by author E.L. James or Vintage Books.