- $40 for a VIP package for two to see D.M. Larson's Ebony Scrooge (up to $130 value)
- Where: Harold Washington Cultural Center
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
VIP Package Contents
- Two VIP tickets (up to $40 each)
- One cast photo ($10 value)
- Two sweet treats ($5 value each)
- One red-carpet photo ($10 value)
- Two non-alcoholic cocktails ($5 value each)
- One valet pass ($10 value). Pass must be redeemed two hours before showtime.
To meditate on the spirit of the holidays and the possible need for real-life Ghostbusters, The Harold Washington Cultural Center revisits Charles Dickens's supernatural classic, A Christmas Carol, swapping old Ebenezer for Ebony. Although the misanthrope carries forward the Scroogian greed and humbug, she updates the details: instead of an unfair money lender, Ebony is an unfair restaurateur. Her nephew, Francis, tries to restore her sense of hope and generosity, but is utterly unsuccessful. Then, during the night of Christmas Eve, the ghost of her former business partner pays her a visit, heralding the apparitions of Christmases past, present, and future that might be the only thing capable of softening Ebony's heart.
Harold Washington Cultural Center
Named in honor of Chicago’s first African-American mayor, the Harold Washington Cultural Center hosts theatrical and musical events that echo the center’s mission of African-American cultural preservation. In addition to its entertainment, the center performs community outreach each year to serve more than 45,000 youth through arts programs, teen summits, and special events.