Horses are mankind's natural companion, whether helping humans establish an agrarian society or stomping out the fledgling agrarian societies of our rabbit rivals. Stay on top with this GrouponLive deal.
- $10 for a race-day package (up to a $19.50 total value)
- When: Any live racing event through September 29; see the schedule. Races begin at 6:45 p.m. on weekdays and 2 p.m. on weekends and holidays.
- Where: Emerald Downs
- Seating: General admission
- Door time: 30 minutes prior to the first simulcast
Race-Day Package Contents
- One general-admission ticket to a live racing event, with access to the first five levels of the stadium, the paddock, and the park (up to a $7 value)
- One race program (a $2.50 value)
- A voucher for $10 worth of food and drinks
The Scouting Report
Throughout the summer, the track at Emerald Downs rumbles beneath galloping hooves as four-legged athletes bolt toward glory in front of fans both young and old. During each racing event, jockeys clamor for position in the track standings atop their equine counterparts, who, rather than retiring to quiet lives as local-newspaper oat critics, solidify their legacy in Emerald Downs lore by attempting to break the track's longstanding records. Frequent promotions and special events energize the track's atmosphere, and include giveaways, free family entertainment, and Fabulous Fridays with live music and beer specials.
A day at Emerald Downs can take on many forms. Some visitors sprawl across blankets in the facility's park, while some scoot to the edge of their reserved seats in the grandstand. Still others relax in the Redhook Turf Club, an all-inclusive, members-only area for dining, wagering, and watching the races. It's this flexibility that has made Emerald Downs a popular summer destination since 1996. On every level, the stadium features self-service or clerk-operated betting windows, and its programs come packed with jockey bios, postpositions, and other bettor-friendly tools. Even during non-racing season, Emerald Downs offers full-card simulcasting so fans don't have to resort to betting on slowly drifting clouds.