Christmas pageants let children marvel at the spectacle, adults appreciate the spiritual message, and barnyard animals finally demonstrate their command of Method acting. Watch talent shine with this GrouponLive deal.
- One ticket to see the Evangel Christmas Celebration
- Where: Evangel Multi-Media & Arts Center
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $39-$42.50 for general-admission seating (up to a $100 value)
- $49-$52.50 for VIP seating, which also includes a DVD of the show (up to a $110 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- Saturday, December 7, at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, December 8, at 5 p.m.
- Saturday, December 14, at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, December 15, at 5 p.m.
- Saturday, December 21, at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, December 22, at 5 p.m.
Evangel Christmas Celebration
For the 23rd year running, Evangel Cathedral dazzles the DC region with a Christmas pageant that blends music, dance, storytelling, and spectacle. Some of the country’s most soulful gospel singers lead the festivities and get the audience clapping, including chart-topping musical royalty BeBe & Carvin and pastor and hitmaker Marvin Sapp, known for such impassioned songs as “Never Would Have Made It” and “The Best in Me.” Also appearing are artists such as Marvin Winans, Tamela Mann, Israel Houghton, Kelly Price, and Ledisi. Belting out traditional carols, devotionals, and original songs, the cast of more than 200 visits Christmases in Biblical times, the Victorian era, the present day, and the inevitable dystopian future ruled by evergreen overlords.
Animal performers—from camels to goats, horses, and dogs—join the celebrities onstage as they tell the story not only of Jesus’ birth, but also of his life and his sacrifice. Meanwhile, special effects and a laser light show further open up Evangel Multi-Media & Arts Center across 2.5 hours and 10 set pieces. In 2011, the Washington Informer noted that the performance “left the audience teary-eyed” and “put everyone in the spirit of praise,” making it “one for the category of great Christmas musicals.”
Evangel Multi-Media & Arts Center
Bishop Don Meares and his wife, Marion, deliver large-scale worship services and celebrity-studded events at Evangel Multi-Media & Arts Center. In addition to prayer services, the faith center hosts Bible study classes, mentorship opportunities, and even a spiritual hotline that parishioners can call in times of distress. Women's groups and youth groups foster an even greater sense of community among the congregation. The church also has many specialized facilities: a bookstore provides edifying materials, and a banquet hall called Camelot invites diners to try and pull a knife out of the mystical block of butter in the kitchen.