Superstition dictates that instead of wishing actors "good luck," you should tell them to "break a leg" or "stir me with your acting, you beautiful beast." Be moved with this GrouponLive deal.
- Theatre en Bloc's Fat Pig
- When: select dates, October 3–October 20
- Where: The Off Center
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $20 for one ticket (up to a $37.37 value)
- $32 for two tickets (up to a $74.44 value)
- Click here to view all available showtimes.
Tom is a typical big-city executive with an atypical heart: he falls head-over-heels for a librarian named Helen. Helen is funny, brash, and sexy. She also happens to be noticeably overweight. So Tom finds himself defending his love for her against his friends' cruel verbal onslaughts and politically incorrect opinions of femininity. And in the hands of writer Neil LaBute, these opinions are sharp.
LaBute's mercenary dialogue often suggests a bloodthirsty David Mamet. Yet, in a change of pace for the author of confrontational, sharp-witted works such as In The Company of Men and The Shape of Things, Fat Pig is more romantic and compassionate. But that doesn't mean LaBute has gone soft—he's just found a new way to be heartbreaking. Considered to be one of "the most emotionally engaging and unsettling of Mr. LaBute's plays," by The New York Times, Fat Pig inspires discussion long after the curtains close.