Every child longs to enter the world of their favourite cartoon, but the few who try will learn the hard lesson that TVs are surprisingly difficult to reassemble. Uncover an easier entry point with this GrouponLive deal to see Disney’s Phineas and Ferb: The Best LIVE Tour Ever! at Scotiabank Place on Sunday, December 16, at 6 p.m. Choose between the following seating options:
- For $28, you get one ticket for seating in sections 202–205 or 225–228 (up to a $37.94 value, including all fees).
- For $36, you get one ticket for seating in section 102, 103, or 119–121 (up to a $47.94 value, including all fees).
Disney’s Phineas and Ferb: The Best LIVE Tour Ever! saves fans the exorbitant bus fare to Danville by bringing Danville to their hometown. It's the last day of summer vacation for child inventor Phineas Flynn and his stepbrother Ferb Fletcher, so the duo decides to make it count by building their most audacious invention yet—but not before a giant slide propels them out of their cartoon environment and deposits them onto a live stage in front of an adoring audience, their triangular heads and green hair suddenly as real to the touch as a flash-frozen ghost. Hot on their three-dimensional heels are pesky sister Candace, friends Baljeet and Isabella, and everyone else in the Tri-State Area. And, of course, the gang wouldn’t be complete without Perry—the boys' pet platypus, who is frequently off solving crimes as his alter ego, Agent P.
As the brothers' latest device combines everyone’s ideas for summer fun into whimsical hybrids such as backyard beaches, marshmallow-monster-truck rallies, and disco miniature golf, their friends invite the audience to sing along to the TV show's most popular tunes. Children are free to publicly demonstrate their lyrical mastery of "Squirrels in My Pants" and "Truck Drivin' Boy" without getting shushed by an irritable park statue while the cast executes choreography that rarely stays confined to the stage. Meanwhile, Agent P sneaks through the aisles and dispatches ninja foes during fight scenes as acrobatic as they are slapstick. But it may not be enough to stop his nemesis, Dr. Doofenshmirtz—who uses his Audience-Controllinator to compel children to come on stage and do some of their own dancing before the second act.
From the moment that Phineas and Ferb circumvent the fourth wall via giant slide, its circum stays vented. Golf balls launch into the crowd in the form of dimpled beach balls. Packets of marshmallows rain from the air into lucky laps. Emmy Award–winning creator Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh suffuse director Fred Tallaksen's song-and-dance sugar rushes with a sly metahumour honed during their years on Rocko's Modern Lif,The Simpsons, and Family Guy. The resulting rapid-fire romp tickles adults as much as their offspring, treating both to a world where colors are brighter, cartoons watch their audience, and Broadway revues remain the evil scientist's preferred method for explaining a diabolical plan.
Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus: The Greatest Show on Earth
- 16: how many hours it takes to set up The Greatest Show on Earth
- 10: how many hours it takes to tear it down
- 2,500: average pounds of popcorn consumed in between
- 100: the number of performers, including a nine-piece band
- 500: the number of costumes
- 3,140,000: the number of rhinestones and sequins on those costumes
- 85: the number of animals, which include Asian elephants, tigers, lions, leopards, and llamas; all receive superlative animal care
- 61: the number of cars in the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey circus train that carries the show from city to city; that’s more than a mile long
- 20,000: the number of miles that train will cover in one year
- 3: the miles the train master walks each day as he tends to the animals (all seated at the front of the train for the smoothest ride) and gives them regular water and exercise stops
Tips from Groupon Customers
“Spectacular show!!! My family loved every second of it!!! Amazing job!!! We will be seeing all shows in the future! ”
1000 Palladium Dr.
Kanata, Ontario K2V 1A5