Although humans see speedboat races as the height of entertainment, plankton see them as express trains. Watch a watery competition with this GrouponLive deal to the 2012 NAPA World Finals Boat Races at Firebird International Raceway on Sunday, November 4. For $125, you get a VIP package for two (a $245 total value), which includes:
- Two tickets for Top Eliminator Club seating, located at a pavilion at the start line, and access to the pit (a $75 value each)
- Two commemorative T-shirts (a $15 value each)
- Two lunches and two nonalcoholic beverages (a $15 value apiece)
- One event poster (a $10 value)
- One VIP parking pass (a $25 value)
Gates open at 7:30 a.m., the boats go on the water at 9 a.m., and the main event begins at 11 a.m.
Firebird International Raceway’s fans turn their attention to the 1.1-mile oval of Firebird Lake for the 30th annual NAPA World Finals. During this end-of-season event, super-powered speedboats send rooster tails of water into the air as they race at speeds that approach 250 miles per hour. Elimination rounds, semifinals, and final events run throughout the day in boat classes that include Top Fuel Hydro, Sportsman, and Cracker Box. Spectators watch from a lakeside pavilion at the starting line and can wipe their faces clean after lunch with the corners of their commemorative T-shirts.
Firebird International Raceway
20000 S Maricopa Rd
Chandler, AZ 85226