The first food carts were pulled by horses, which often ate all the ingredients and were forced to earn the money back by fixing races with their friends. Gallop toward grub with this GrouponLive deal.
- $20 for season pass valid for six general admission tickets to the First Friday Food Truck Festival presented by Leinenkugels (up to a $48 value)
- Where: Old National Centre Parking Lot
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Tickets include concert and festival access; food and drinks are available for purchase directly from food-truck vendors. All six tickets may be used individually, in a group, or across multiple visits.
Dates and Times
- Friday, May 3, at 5 p.m.
- Friday, June 7, at 5 p.m.
- Friday, July 5, at 5 p.m.
- Friday, August 2, at 5 p.m.
- Friday, September 6, at 5 p.m.
- Friday, October 4, at 5 p.m.
First Friday Food Truck Festival presented by Leinenkugel’s
The First Friday Food Truck Festival rolls from spring through autumn atop the wheels of more than 30 munch-mobiles, which converge for four hours of food, fun, and getting funky. While bouncing between little bites of heaven, revelers try their hand at cornhole and sip brews from Leinenkugel or wine from Oliver Winery. This year, the festival welcomes newcomers R&R Extreme Wings, known for house-made sauces, Soul Sista on the Move, offering fried delights and zesty greens, and Gobble Gobble!, featuring Indiana State Fair turkey legs. Returning culinary favorites include the po' boys and pudding of Chef Dan's Southern Comfort and the exotic, locally made shell-stuffers of Tacos Without Borders. Shun ovens for the barbecue-pit crisp of Byrne’s Grilled Pizza or take the A.V. Club’s word that Mac Genie is “not your mama’s mac and cheese … [it’s] gourmet without being shi-shi.” The list of participating trucks is continually updated, and more may join ranks before the event begins. The festival’s official soundtracker DJ OhBeOne spins his special “Dirty Crunk Dance” music at every outing, while local rock bands provide calorie-melting melodies.
Featured Live Music Acts
Hero, Jr—May 3: Catchy, no-frills rock and roll from local quartet
The Easthills—June 7: Indiana indie-rockers influenced by Led Zeppelin and Guided by Voices
Dude!—September 6: Tribute band plays classic and modern rock hits
Borrow Tomorrow—October 4: Self-described “extra-medium rock band” plays original songs inspired by the likes of Tom Petty and Wilco
Old National Centre Parking Lot
502 N New Jersey St.
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204