"Bone crushing" is often used to describe hard football hits or those machines that make baking flour out of chicken bones. This GrouponLive deal is a hit.
- $14.25 for one ticket to a Florida Marine Raiders football game (a $28.50 value)
- Where: Jenkins Arena at the Lakeland Center
- Seating: Club, marked in yellow on the seating chart
- Door time: One hour before kickoff
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Opponents and Dates
- Against the Pennsylvania Steam on Saturday, March 29, at 7 p.m.
- Against the Alabama Outlawz on Saturday, April 19, at 7 p.m.
- Against the St. Louis Attack on Saturday, April 26, at 7 p.m.
- Against the Georgia Rampage on Saturday, May 17, at 7 p.m.
- Against the Orlando Rage on Saturday, May 24, at 7 p.m.
The Scouting Report
On March 29, nearly a year's worth of hard work comes to fruition as the Florida Marine Raiders charge onto the field for the first time this season. In 2012 and 2013, the team was known as the Lakeland Raiders, and played as part of the Ultimate Indoor Football League. But that all changed last summer, when the franchise changed its name to the Marine Raiders—a nod to the U.S. Marine Corps—and agreed to become a charter member of X-League Indoor Football.
An innovative spin on football, the XLIF revolves around big plays and high scores. During games, players race across a shortened 50-yard field and clash for double the normal points during the final minute of the fourth quarter. Other exciting X-League differences include points for defensive stops, extra points for a field goal made with a drop kick, and a head-to-head dash to start the game in lieu of a coin flip. All in all, the changes bring XLIF games closer to football's original vision—to recreate the high-scoring, back-and-forth action of croquet.
The Lakeland Center
It's almost easier to count who hasn't played at the Lakeland Center than who has. Since the all-purpose venue opened in 1974, its many halls have seen such stars as Johnny Cash, Frank Sinatra, Jerry Seinfeld, Prince, Elvis Presley, Bob Dylan, and Kathy Gifford. Besides the top-tier lineup of music and comedy acts, The Lakeland Center also hosts theatrical productions, conventions and festivals, and seasonal ice skating for all ages.