Street festivals are a sure sign that summer is near, just like sunflowers in bloom or snowmen screaming in agony. Celebrate the eternal cycle with this GrouponLive deal.
- First Friday Food Truck Fest and the Lady Gaga tribute Bad Romance, or the House of Blues World Famous Gospel Brunch Live
- Where: Performances in the Egyptian Room at Old National Centre, food trucks in the parking lot outside
- General admission
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $30 for two general-admission tickets to the First Friday Food Truck Fest with musical performance by Picture Yes at 5 p.m. and Bad Romance at 8 p.m. on Friday, August 2 (up to a $74 value)
- $54 for two reserved-seating tickets to the House of Blues World Famous Gospel Brunch Live on Sunday, August 4, at 1 p.m. (up to a $73 value)
First Friday Food Truck Fest and Bad Romance
The First Friday Food Truck Fest rolls from spring through autumn on dozens of munch-mobiles, which converge for four hours of food, fun, and getting funky. Revelers try their hands at street games and sip on brews from sponsor Leinenkugel's, all while digging into a variety of sweet-and-savory bites. July's festivities featured the housemade sauces of R & R Extreme Wings; the fried delights and zesty greens of Soul Sista on the Move; and Gobble Gobble's turkey legs, made famous at the Indiana State Fair. As always, DJ OhBeOne soundtracks the foodie festivities with upbeat tunes.
Now in its second year of touring the nation, Bad Romance pays tribute to the music and style of pop sensation Lady Gaga with a show that is all at once a musical, concert, and dance event. Lead singer Sari Greenberg, clad in provocative leather and brilliant blond hair, belts out hits such as "Born This Way" and "Poker Face," accompanied by a full live band. A team of dancers gyrate in sync with Greenberg's motions, the visual spectacle enhanced by prismatic, choreographed light displays and a game of Simon that explodes during intermission. Interwoven with the song numbers is a story that follows an aspiring pop star named Gia as she rides the highs and lows of the music industry.
House of Blues World Famous Gospel Brunch Live
At this nondenominational, all-you-can-eat brunch, a hearty helping of sing-along gospel music helps the meal-bridging feast go down that much easier. After a 45-minute buffet piled high with cornbread muffins, fried chicken, peel-and-eat shrimp, and biscuits and gravy, the soulful stars perform their own 45-minute set. The meal also will feature omelet and pancake stations, and a mix-your-own bloody mary bar.
Old National Centre
502 N New Jersey St.
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204Get Directions