Because baseball games are no longer used to settle land disputes and damages from horse collisions, they’ve become the battleground for deciding which US city will be the first to move to the moon. Catch a nation-changing showdown with this GrouponLive deal.
- Game packages to see a Gary SouthShore RailCats baseball game
- Where: U.S. Steel Yard
- Seating: Box, marked in brown on the seating chart
- Door time: Two hours prior to first pitch
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
- $15 for a game package for two (up to a $30.50 total value)
- $27 for a game package for four (up to a $61 total value)<p>
Per person, each package includes the following:
- One ticket (up to a $10 value)
- One Slugger meal, which includes a hot dog, chips, soda, and a cookie (a $5.25 value)<p>
Choose from the following games:
- Against the St. Paul Saints on Thursday, June 20, at 7:10 p.m.
- Against the Saints on Friday, June 21, at 7:10 p.m.
- Against the Saints on Saturday, June 22, at 6:10 p.m.
- Against the Saints on Sunday, June 23, at 2:10 p.m.
- Against the Kansas City T-Bones on Monday, June 24, at 7:10 p.m.
- Against the T-Bones on Tuesday, June 25, at 12:10 p.m.
- Against the T-Bones on Wednesday, June 26, at 7:10 p.m.
- Against the T-Bones on Thursday, June 27, at 7:10 p.m.
- Against the Winnipeg Goldeyes on Friday, June 28, at 7:10 p.m.
- Against the Goldeyes on Saturday, June 29, at 6:10 p.m.
- Against the Goldeyes on Sunday, June 30, at 2:10 p.m.<p>
Though the RailCats sometimes offer a discounted price online, this Groupon is still the best deal available.<p>
Student, child, senior, and military discounted tickets are available but this Groupon still offers the best deal available.<p>
The Scouting Report
In the RailCats’ season opener on May 16, outfielder Adam Klein roped a two-out, 11th-inning single into centerfield to bring teammate Zac Mitchell home. Beyond lifting the ‘Cats to a 9–8 win, the clutch hit secured a third-straight opening-day victory and proved the team can sustain its momentum from last summer, when the RailCats had the second-best record in the league after July 4th—the same night the desperate mayor hired them to bat fireworks into the sky. Returning outfielder Mike Massaro played a huge role in that success in 2012, when he became the second player in franchise history to reach 500 hits and set a team record by reaching home plate 76 times.
Gary SouthShore RailCats
During the Gary SouthShore RailCats' inaugural season in 2002, the players spent an estimated 200 hours on buses—traveling approximately 12,000 miles without their own ballpark to call home. Indeed, the diamond at U.S. Steel Yard was still under construction, forcing the team to play its entire first season on the road. But while the trip could have been a rocky way for an organization to start out, it instead forecasted a wild ride ahead in which the RailCats never stopped moving. After just four years, the RailCats captured their first Northern League title, marking the first of five straight appearances in the championship series—a Northern League record.
Despite that first year away from home, the RailCats seem to have settled in well at U.S. Steel Yard. Within the park, views of the South Shore commuter train remind fans of the team's origins, and a 55-foot scoreboard towers over left-centerfield in much the same way early pitchers once towered over batters from atop a stack of milk crates.
97% of 65 customers recommend
“The Groupon deal is amazing!! Our family took advantage and had an awesome "family" day!!! Despite how hot it was, we absolutely enjoyed ourselves. The price was...”
“The Groupon deal is amazing!! Our family took advantage and had an awesome "family" day!!! Despite how hot it was, we absolutely enjoyed ourselves. The price was very affordable & even the additional "Cat Coins" was great!!”
“enjoy yourself. it is a good game and a great park.”
“Any seat is a great seat”