Without music, concerts wouldn't exist and funk would just be the smell emanating from an old sock filled with corn. Lend an ear to this GrouponLive deal.
- One ticket to see Girl Singers Christmas Show Experience, Nutcracker Ballet, or The Galactic Cowboy Orchestra
- Where: Sheldon Theatre of Performing Arts
- Section: best-available seating
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- $10 to see The Galactic Cowboy Orchestra on Thursday, October 31 at 7 p.m. (up to a $19.50 value)
- $15 to see the Nutcracker Ballet performed by the Continental Ballet Company on Saturday, December 21, at 2 p.m. (up to a $29.50 value)
- $12 to see the Girl Singers Christmas Show Experience on Monday, December 23, at 7 p.m. (up to a $23.50 value)
The Galactic Cowboy Orchestra
They play funk. They play bluegrass. They play rock, jazz, East Indian ragas, blues, and latin pop. Above all, they play a music all their own. And although their genre may be hard to pin down, the tunes played by The Galactic Cowboy Orchestra are undeniably catchy—they've even been featured on A Prairie Home Companion. During their energetic live show, audiences will hear Lisi Wright's lightspeed fiddle, Dan Neale's fast-picking guitar, John Wright's funky bass lines, and Mark O'Day's bluesy drums. In the spooky spirit of Halloween, the GCO hosts a Zombie Prom with undead attire recommended and brain-eating required.
Based on a novel by the 19th-century romantic fabulist E.T.A. Hoffman, The Nutcracker–performed by the Continental Ballet Company–weaves a magical tale of holiday adventure. Clara, the story's heroine, receives a nutcracker from her godfather, a wizardly toymaker named Drosselmeyer. Sneaking downstairs to see the toy after everyone else has gone to bed, Clara suddenly finds herself caught in the middle of a pitched battle between the toys and an army of mice. After saving the nutcracker with a well-thrown shoe to the Mouse King's head, Clara and her now-living prince venture into the Land of Snow and the Land of Sweets to celebrate amid the dances of nimble snowflakes and the regal Sugar Plum Fairy.
Girl Singers Christmas Show Experience
Costumed in classic '50s' Christmas ball gowns, the Girl Singers embody beloved ensembles such as the Lennon Sisters, the Andrews Sisters, the McGuire Sisters, and the King Family, Which Probably Had Sisters. Audiences hear beautiful hymns such as "Silent Night" and toe-tappers including "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree," and sing along to classics such as "White Christmas" and "Silver Bells." The Girl Singers are a generation-spanning sister act themselves, with creator Colleen Raye joining her sister Debbie O'Keefe and her daughters Sophie and Jennifer Grimm.
Sheldon Theatre of Performing Arts
443 W 3rd St.
Red Wing, Minnesota 55066