- $15 for one ticket to see Goo Goo Dolls and Daughtry (up to $34 value)
- When: Friday, August 29, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Starlight Theatre
- Seating: terrace rows S–Z
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click to view the seating chart.
Goo Goo Dolls
- How iconic Goo Goo Doll’s “Iris” is: Billboard ranked it #1 on its list of Top 100 Pop Songs from 1992–2012
- Other hits from their nearly 30 year career: “Slide,” “Name,” “Black Balloon”
- Their kickoff single from 2013’s Magnetic: the shimmering, dance-beat-laced “Rebel Beat”
- “Rebel Beat”’s message, according to singer John Rzeznik: “no matter what, you’ve got to have fun”
- What such hits earned Rzeznik: a spot in the Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Daughtry’s genesis: after Chris Daughtry came in fourth on season five of American Idol, his group’s debut: Daughtry became the fastest-selling rock debut in Soundscan history
- Essential tracks: “It’s Not Over”, “Home”, “What About Now”, “Crawling Back to You”, “September”, “Waiting For Superman”
- Number of American Music Awards won: 4
- Number of Grammy nominations: 4
- Their latest album: 2013’s Baptized
Among other things, the Starlight Theatre was born out of an eagerness to impress a woman with a fancy hat. In 1925, a visit from Romania’s Queen Marie led the Kansas City Federation of Music to organize a showcase of some of the city’s finest musicians—a performance they opened to the public as well. The response was overwhelming and gave the city the push needed to plan for a permanent outdoor venue. Since then, the Starlight’s stage has seen stars of rock, comedy, pop, and Broadway, including Jerry Lewis, who personally paid for a stage extension to bring him closer to his audience. A star of a different sort to steal the spotlight was President Harry Truman, who made a special appearance on the opening night of Mr. President, only to be rushed away by ambulance during intermission due to an attack of appendicitis.
100% of 35 customers recommend
“Starlight Theatre is awesome with great acoustics!”
“Friendly people, great venue”
“The concert and venue were great. Well worth the price. ”
4600 Starlight Road
Kansas City, MO 64132