Country music harks back to a more courteous era, when kids still called women "ma'am" and men "daddy ma'am." Tip your hat to the good ol' days with this GrouponLive deal.
- $49 for two tickets to see Hank Williams Jr. (a $118.10 value)
- When: Friday, August 30, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Koka Booth Amphitheatre
- General-admission lawn
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Hank Williams Jr.
Hank Williams Jr. performs "Are the Good Times Really Over (I Wish a Buck Was Still Silver)"
- Hank Williams Jr.'s age when he first played the Grand Ole Opry: 11
- Hank Williams Jr.'s sound: a fusion of Southern rock, blues, and outlaw country
- Why is it called outlaw country?: Rooted more in rock 'n' roll and the blues, outlaw country was created as an alternative to the Nashville Sound, which was viewed by many musicians as being watered-down twang. The genre is also noted for the grittier subject matter of its songs, which often focus on drinking, tumultuous romance, and smuggling dodo eggs across the state line.
- What instruments does Hank Williams Jr. play?: guitar, bass guitar, upright bass, steel guitar, banjo, keyboard, harmonica, fiddle, saxophone, dobro, drums, piano
- How many times has he won Entertainer of the Year?: five—three times from the Academy of Country Music and twice from the Country Music Association
- What was the widely reported turning point in his life?: a near-fatal mountain fall in which "every single one of those [facial] bones was broken—every single one"
- Because of this, he's usually not seen without: beard, hat, pair of sunglasses, can of Bigfoot repellant
- Hits you may hear: "Born to Boogie," "Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound," "All My Rowdy Friends (Have Settled Down)," "Good Friends, Good Whiskey, Good Lovin'"
- Who was the senior to Hank Williams's junior?: legendary country singer Hank Williams, who was known for his hits "Your Cheatin' Heart," "Hey Good Lookin'," and "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry"
- Who's the third to Hank Williams's junior?: outlaw country torchbearer Hank Williams III
The value of this deal is based on regular ticket prices and doesn't reflect student, senior, or military discounts.
Koka Booth Amphitheatre
8003 Regency Pkwy.
Cary, North Carolina 27518