Country music harks back to a more courteous era, when kids still called women "ma'am" and men "daddy ma'am." Tip your hat to the good ol' days with this GrouponLive deal.
- $49 for two tickets to see Hank Williams Jr. (a $118.10 value)
- When: Friday, August 30, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Koka Booth Amphitheatre
- General-admission lawn
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Hank Williams Jr.
Hank Williams Jr. performs "Are the Good Times Really Over (I Wish a Buck Was Still Silver)"
- Hank Williams Jr.'s age when he first played the Grand Ole Opry: 11
- Hank Williams Jr.'s sound: a fusion of Southern rock, blues, and outlaw country
- Why is it called outlaw country?: Rooted more in rock 'n' roll and the blues, outlaw country was created as an alternative to the Nashville Sound, which was viewed by many musicians as being watered-down twang. The genre is also noted for the grittier subject matter of its songs, which often focus on drinking, tumultuous romance, and smuggling dodo eggs across the state line.
- What instruments does Hank Williams Jr. play?: guitar, bass guitar, upright bass, steel guitar, banjo, keyboard, harmonica, fiddle, saxophone, dobro, drums, piano
- How many times has he won Entertainer of the Year?: five—three times from the Academy of Country Music and twice from the Country Music Association
- What was the widely reported turning point in his life?: a near-fatal mountain fall in which "every single one of those [facial] bones was broken—every single one"
- Because of this, he's usually not seen without: beard, hat, pair of sunglasses, can of Bigfoot repellant
- Hits you may hear: "Born to Boogie," "Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound," "All My Rowdy Friends (Have Settled Down)," "Good Friends, Good Whiskey, Good Lovin'"
- Who was the senior to Hank Williams's junior?: legendary country singer Hank Williams, who was known for his hits "Your Cheatin' Heart," "Hey Good Lookin'," and "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry"
- Who's the third to Hank Williams's junior?: outlaw country torchbearer Hank Williams III
The value of this deal is based on regular ticket prices and doesn't reflect student, senior, or military discounts.