Seeing a throwback band can be like going back in time, but without the obligation to capture history's greatest criminals. Make memories, not enemies with this GrouponLive deal.
- $99 for one VIP ticket to History of Freestyle Music 2014 (up to $200 value). The VIP ticket includes express entry, access to a VIP area, a meet-and-greet with the artists, and a poster.
- When: Saturday, July 26, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Concord Music Hall
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to see the lineup.
History of Freestyle Music 2014 II
- Why the name is right: the evening features the bands and personalities who invented freestyle, playing the original songs that made them famous
- Why the name is wrong: freestyle music isn't in the past—the genre continues to influence artists today
- How you know Lil Suzy: a fixture on the New York freestyle scene since age 12, with hits such as "Take Me In Your Arms" and "Falling In Love"
- How Stevie B. gets the crowd moving: by singing "Party Your Body," "Dreaming of Love," and "I Wanna Be The One."
- Where you've seen Brenda K Starr, besides onstage: in the 1984 film Beat Street
- When vocalist Cynthia began her career: at age 16
- Windy City act: White Knight, a rapper and innovator of Chicago Hip House