Seeing your favorite band perform live can be a life-changing experience, just like seeing the tiny alien that drives the robot you call "Mom." Open your eyes with this GrouponLive deal.
- $10 for one ticket to see Hot Buttered Rum with Allie Kral of Cornmeal (up to an $18.63 value)
- When: Friday, October 11, at 9 p.m.
- Where: Cubby Bear
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 8 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
Hot Buttered Rum with Allie Kral of Cornmeal
- How Hot Buttered Rum describes its sound: "high altitude Californian bluegrass"
- Where they got their start: a hiking trip in California's High Sierra
- Their specialty: three-part harmonies and musical yarns
- Which can be heard: on their latest album, 2009's Limbs Akimbo
- What Allmusic.com called Limbs Akimbo: "a quantum leap in songcraft"
- What Allie Kral has been doing for the last decade: playing lead fiddle for the bluegrass jam band Cornmeal
- What name appears on opener Chicago Farmer's birth certificate: Cody Diekhoff
- Where his stage name comes from: growing up in Delvan, Illinois, a farming community of 2,000
- What his green thumbs do today: pluck soulful, Guthrie-inspired tunes; worry people familiar with gangrene
1059 W Addison St.
Chicago, Illinois 60613