Some things you just don't want to miss, like a performance by a renowned ensemble or the part of the news where they say why they're showing your picture. Don't miss a beat with this GrouponLive deal.
- One G-Pass to see the Hungarian State Folk Ensemble
- When: Monday, October 21, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Bergen Performing Arts Center
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $19 for seating in the balcony or the last four rows of the orchestra (up to a $38.05 value)
- $24 for mezzanine seating (up to a $49 value)
- $29 for orchestra seating (up to a $59.75 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won't need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app.
Hungarian State Folk Ensemble
Cloaked in billowing skirts, feathered hats, gold-piped military tunics, and other colorful garb, the Hungarian State Folk Ensemble shows off the traditional dances of their homeland. But their mission isn't just to perform the dances—they also aim to preserve centuries of tradition. Drawing from more than five decades of research, the troupe's choreography and musical pieces hail from all corners of Hungary, showcasing the wildly diverse styles that have evolved over the centuries. Intricate footwork and flying leaps join melodies that draw on the same rich Magyar tradition. Some folk tunes flow from instruments relatively unaltered from the days they were played in isolated villages, while other arrangements filter ancient pieces through the genius of Bartók, Liszt, and Brahms, and a Brita pitcher, in case there's any lead in them.
Bergen Performing Arts Center
30 North Van Brunt Street
Englewood, New Jersey 07631