The first moving picture, which depicted a horse running at full gallop, was later enhanced by the first special effects, which showed a horse exploding next to a 3-D spaceship. Blow your mind with this GrouponLive deal.
- $10 for two single tickets to the Indianapolis International Film Festival (up to a $20 value)
- When: valid any day from July 19 to 28; the festival runs July 18–28, but this Groupon is not valid for opening night on July 18, closing night on July 27, or any off-site films
- Where: Indianapolis Museum of Art
- Seating: general admission, subject to capacity
- Click here to view the film schedule.
This Groupon is valid only for regular films playing at the Indianapolis Museum of Art.
The Indianapolis International Film Festival
- Years running: this is number 10
- Days long: also 10
- Nations represented: roughly one fifth of the United Nations (40+)
- Mascot: the elusive Filmsquatch
- Films screening: more than 90
- Feature-length films from Indiana: Open Mic Night After the Apocalypse, Wings for Maggie Ray
- Feature-length film from Indiana about the real Santa Claus: They Wore the Red Suit
- They?: Santa has color-coordinated helpers
- Any more Christmas?: yep—Mr. Christmas, a short documentary about a man with a knack for lighting displays
- SXSW Official Selection: Hey Bartender, a look behind the scenes with some of the world's most accomplished cocktail-shakers
- Most intense quote about bartending: "It's not a job anymore. It's a way of life. I stay out all night. I sleep all day. That's the life I've chosen."
- Horror movies and thrillers: The Jogger, about a man on the run from a mysterious stalker; A Common Enemy, exploring the Arab Spring through the eyes of the participants of the Jasmine Revolution
- Harrowing documentaries: Tales from the Organ Trade, Forced Confessions
- Lighter fare: The Bounceback; the short film series Gigglebox