People probably enjoy concerts because the reverberating bass lines feel good on their bones. Catch the rhythm with this GrouponLive deal.
- $40 for two to see Sir James and Lady Galway with the Irish Chamber Orchestra ($80 value)
- When: Sunday, October 27, at 3 p.m.
- Where: Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts
- Seating: lower balcony
- Door time: 2 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click to view the seating chart.
The value of this deal is based on regular ticket prices and doesn't reflect student, senior, or military discounts.
Led by conductor JoAnn Falletta, the Irish Chamber Orchestra plays with celebrated flutists Sir James Galway and Lady Jeanne Galway. This US tour marks the 35th anniversary of Sir Galway's American debut, and in the decades since, he has sold millions of records, won numerous accolades, and performed for dignitaries including Queen Elizabeth II and Pope John Paul II. The similarly accomplished Lady Galway joins her husband onstage, where the duo plays matching gold Nagahara flutes commissioned especially for the knight himself.
- Harty—In Ireland: This evocative fantasy was written by an Irish composer who received his childhood musical training from his father, a village organist.
- Mozart—Flute Concerto in D Major: Originally penned for the oboe, Mozart's concerto gained an additional sprightly lilt when he reimagined it for the flute.
- Hammond—Carolan Variations: The Galways join flute-forces on the work, which receives its premiere on this tour.
- Mendelssohn—Symphony No. 3 in A Minor: James M. Keller of the San Francisco Symphony said of this "Scottish Symphony" that "no listener is likely to be unmoved at the point near the end of the finale when the low woodwinds, horns, and violas . . . swing from simple into compound meter and from minor mode into bright A major to sing out what sounds for all the world like a hymn of victory."
89% of 37 customers
“Any seat is a great seat at the Jorgansen, Isaak put on a great concert. ”
“Nice venue, good views from every seat. ”
“wonderful entertainment at a reasonable cost”
Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts
2132 Hillside Rd.
Storrs, Connecticut 06269